A part-time, 12-month contract position.
3 days per week (24 hours per week).
Pay range: $20 to 24 per hour based on experience and education.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule client services staff, client services volunteers, high school placement students, and board members to coordinate with other department managers and teams to ensure that two staff present in the office at all times when the office is open.
- Open and close the office. The client services manager will be responsible for locking and unlocking the office and securing all confidential documents when the office is closed.
- Check and respond to voicemails.
- Check and respond to general delivery emails.
- Answer phone calls and support client needs through information services.
- Schedule appointments for clients.
- Assist walk-in clients with any needs they may have or direct them to the staff or organization that offers the services they require.
- Ensure that SurveyMonkey is used to track client services for use in statistics for funding applications and demographic information.
- Ensure Information Orillia (IO) publications are well stocked in the office.
- Keep brochures and publications available for clients in the office in a tidy and stocked manner. Ensure that all publications and posters meet IO’s mandate and are current.
- Ensure posters and bulletin board items remain current and in accordance with IO’s mandate.
- Receive cash donations or payments to the income tax clinic.
- Keep the Ontario Public Library walkie-talkie on during office hours and respond accordingly to any request for assistance.
- Oversee the client services work of high school students and volunteers, ensuring that services are always provided in a respectful, timely, and equitable manner.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager or other managers upon approval of the Operations Manager.
- Ensure office supplies are stocked and submit requests for orders as supplies are low to the Office Manager.
- Provide orientation to new staff and volunteers.
- Communicate effectively, maintain professional client boundaries, and work with difficult clients.
- Ability to answer phones and transfer calls.
- Neat printing for form completion.
- Computer skills: Google Drive, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
- Literacy skills: explaining documents to clients.
- Awareness of Orillia and Simcoe County social services and supports.
- Treating all people with dignity, respect, and equity.
- Friendly and outgoing -greeting clients and listening to their concerns is a key element in this job.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Organizational skills.
- Team and staff management.
- Reporting to managers and team leaders.
- A vulnerable sector criminal reference check will be requested at time of hire.
How to Apply:
- Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop off your resume at our office: 36 Mississaga St. W., Orillia, Ontario (beside the Orillia Public Library). Monday to Friday, 10am to 5pm.
Deadline for submission: May 27, 2022