Full time, salary position
Pay range: 45-65,000 per year
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Information Orillia office, including the assorted social and financial services offered by Information Orillia.
- Cooperate with other community partners and stakeholders.
- Represent Information Orillia Inc. and participate in community events, support committees, and meetings as required.
- Organize office operations, procedures, and correspondence.
- Review and approve supply requisitions.
- Accurately assess the client’s needs and provide information and referral services.
- Nurture business and not-for-profit partner relationships that will enhance the profile and sustainability of Information Orillia, Inc.
- Create and implement a schedule for updating guidelines, publications, and lists with seasonal or temporary programs and services.
- Edit and approve all outgoing promotional products prior to circulation.
- Organize and maintain both physical and electronic file management.
- Ensure confidentiality procedures are followed.
- Review and update policies and procedures, submitting them to the board for final approval.
- In partnership with the Tax Clinic manager, create and approve an annual Tax Clinic procedures and training manual.
- Support the financial stability of Information Orillia through ‘Grant Discovery and Completion’. This involves writing and submitting grant applications.
- Respect the financial objectives of Information Orillia by adhering to the budgets set by the Board and the grant amounts available.
- Determine the use of continuing education funds in the annual budget for staff and volunteers.
- Participate in Board Fundraising initiatives.
- Work closely with the Treasurer for payroll and timely bill/expense payments.
Human Resource Management:
- Manage the hiring of new staff and the day-to-day scheduling of staff, students, and volunteers.
- Schedule, assign, and monitor employee work plans, and appraise outcomes with performance reviews at regular intervals.
- Maintain knowledge of the client base, staff skillset, sector experiences, preferences, and professional development needs to ensure appropriate allocation of staff resources.
- Keep staff appraised of significant changes to procedure, modifications, or projects being undertaken that will affect them and/or the clients.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities as required.
- De-escalate difficult clients safely, following the procedures of a potentially dangerous encounter.
Information and Referral Services:
- Responsible for the final review of information and referral services such as Handy Numbers or Quick Reference guides.
- Supervise students and/or temporary staff who provide direct Information and referral services to clients.
- Conduct research and compile data to evaluate client needs and obstacles, area affordability profile, a general understanding of the clients, how we serve our clients, and other quantitative research statistics useful for grant application information requirements.
- Assist with walk-in income tax clinic with accurate tracking and attention to detail to ensure all information is accounted for and help clients with tax forms.
How to Apply:
- Submit your resume to email@example.com
- Drop off your resume at our office: 36 Mississaga St. W., Orillia, Ontario (beside the Orillia Public Library). Monday to Friday, 10am to 5pm.
Deadline for submission: May 22, 2022