Information Orillia is the place where:
*people who don’t know where to turn come for help
* people can access complex, system navigation
* frequently needed, current community information and “how to” is available
We have proudly provided services to the communities of Orillia, Rama First Nation, and the townships of Oro-Medonte, Ramara, and Severn, since 1969.
Mission, Vision & Values
To connect all people to the resources and services they need, when they need them.
To enhance community wellbeing by boldly advocating with our clients and by successfully connecting them with essential information and services.
- Meaningful participation – is the ultimate outcome we work to achieve through all of our programs and services.
- Respect & dignity – is guaranteed to all of our clients, staff and volunteers. Information Orillia is a Community Safe Place.
- Inclusion – to eliminate barriers so that all people can access what they need to participate in their communities.
- Partnership – to strengthen our work and impact through collaboration.
- Innovation & relevance – to stay at the forefront of community change and creatively work to engage people in their communities.
- Financial sustainability – to minimize risk, improve financial stability and provide security for staff, clients and programs.
- Accountability, diligence & transparency – to our members and community at large.
- Adapting to needs – to maintain organizational relevance and continue to have impact in what we do.
- Building capacity – of people and organizations to grow a stronger and more empowered community.
- Measurable impact – to prove our worth and demonstrate value in what we do in our community.
- Equity – to ensure that all clients, staff and volunteers are provided with the resources, environment and treatment that is equitable and fair
Information Orillia acknowledges that we are situated on the traditional land of the Anishnaabeg people. The Anishnaabeg include the Ojibwe, Odawa, and Pottawatomi Nations, collectively known as the Three Fires Confederacy. Information Orillia is dedicated to honouring Indigenous history and culture and committed to moving forward in the spirit of reconciliation and respect with all First Nation, Metis, and Inuit people.